I am pleased to provide you with the enclosed information to assist you and your child to choose a program of study for Year 11 2018.
It is essential that when choosing courses that you refer to the following information:
- Career Exploration activities students have completed in Humanities and Social Science classes .
- Year 11 Handbook 2018.
- 2017 Semester 1 Report – particularly have the prerequisite grades been achieved for each chosen course?
- The Year 10 Handbook from Schools Curriculum and Standards Authority http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/publications/year-10-information
- Training WA (TAFE) http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/employeesandstudents/training/Pages/default.aspx
- Online skills calculator TAFE http://tasonline.tafe.wa.edu.au/Reckoner/Default.aspx
- University Admissions 2019 http://www.tisc.edu.au/static/guide/admission-req-sleaver.tisc
- Alternative Entry to University http://www.tisc.edu.au/static/guide/alternative-entry-assoc.tisc
You and your child will be invited to attend a meeting with a member of staff to review course choices. An email indicating the date, time and name of the counsellor will be sent in week 4.
Please note the information in this package regarding students needing to complete an application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI number) as a part of this process. If you do not have access to a computer or the Internet, please encourage your child to contact the Year Coordinator Mr Bruce Emslie prior to this process to allow alternative arrangements to be made.
Please also note the following due date: Course selection sheets are due Friday 11th August (after attending a counselling session with a college representative.)
I hope you find the resources helpful in assisting you and your child choose an appropriate program of study.